November 27, 2007

Shut Yo Pi (Phi) Hole!

I love my new fabulous post-college life here in the Big Apple, (even though I have to now wake up early, actually work, not blow through money on drive-through daiquiris, etc), but there is one thing that I really, really miss about Tulane that I never saw coming…

Every Wednesday my sorority, Pi Phi, would order lunch for the entire chapter, and every Sunday we would all have dinner together after our meetings. I got very good at running to the house in between “classes,” (in between waking up at noon and going to the levee for some fun in the sun), for a quick lunch. I became an expert on sneaking in through the back door after the meeting, shoving some grub into Tupperware and surviving off of it for the next week. I never thought that I could pine for anything as much as a bear hug from John Besh or a Chipotle burrito, but those meals at Pi Phizzle come pretty close.

Queue the “food is about connecting with people, not just nourishment” speech now. I’ll spare you all that blah blah blah and just say that the mere anticipation of what would be served at these meals added some category 5 excitment to my day. Luckily for me, my roommate and best friend Ali was the House Manager, (also known as the "House-Wife Executive" who was in charge of getting the food on our plates), and luckily I was able to influence what restaurants she would order from.

Wraps from Roly Poly, ribs from Voo Doo BBQ, pizza from Reginelli's, Sushi from Mikimoto, pasta from Semolina... I miss you all, my darlings...

Long story short, this lame entry is dedicated to all the Pi Phi Angels of the world who paid their dues so that I could gorge bi-weekly and encourage the growth of my freshman/sophomore/junior/senior-15 pounds.

This one’s for you!

*Wanna read a neat blog about life post-college? Check out the Real World Freshman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LT! You're making me miss Pi Phi lunches ...