November 8, 2007

I Wanna Drink My Hurricanes, Not Be In ‘Em!

With Thanksgiving fast approaching it is time for us all to think about the many things we have to be thankful for; loving family, faithful friends, good health, loyal pets, heaven-sent Jamie Deen, and of course, the food on our plates. Sadly, not everyone can experience the gorge-fest that is Thanksgiving. My sister recently sent me this link and I ask everyone to please, please donate if you can. I wouldn’t solicit money from you, my dear reader, but this is for a really good cause, (OK fine, if I desperately need some change for Chipotle I might ask again, but I’ll try not to…)

Please visit BR Food Bank and donate a Thanksgiving turkey to families displaced by hurricane Katrina, that bitch. It is only $25 to give a family in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, (thousands of Katrina evacuees live there now), a turkey and something to be thankful for.

Please remember all of the victims of Katrina, that bitch, when you are loading up your plates with food and your hearts with thankfulness. Do it for me, do it for John Besh the Next Iron Chef (fingers crossed), hell, do it for Emeril.

Thanks Friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best L.T.!
Ruthann

Anonymous said...

NICE GO'IN, THKS FOR THE REMINDER, BY THE WAY WHAT DRINK WOULD YOU SUGGEST W/ TURKEY AND 24 - 28 ANNOYING HOUSE GUESTS ?

Anonymous said...

What a great post!!!!
Your blog is awesome!!!! and makes me hungry - mmmmm :o)
Hugs,
Monica

Ali Wender said...

Thanks for the link I always love volunteer work that involves very little time and more easy clicking plus when you donate a turkey they send you a cute little stuffed Turkey named Thibodeaux The Turkey. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!