November 15, 2007

When a Contessa and a Dartmouth Boy Unite; an Ode to Ina and Jeffrey


Oh Ina, you’ve loved Jeffery since you were fifteen,
He is so much more handsome than James, (and Paula), Deen.

You like to make him fresh ice cream with vanilla bean,
You roast him chickens and cook other French cuisine.

Sometimes you two act a little obscene,
I don’t need to know that he is a love machine!

I wish he would dress in Alexander McQueen,
For my entertainment and to change the routine,
But alas, Jeffrey will only wear his blue jean.

Ina you must spend a fortune on dry clean,
Because you only wear that shirt of color marine.

Remember your trip to Paris, it was so serene,
You and Jeffery slept in a tent with a canteen.
Eating hericot verts, also known as green bean,
‘Cause in France you could not find any chow mein.

You love him enough to give him your spleen,
The love bug musta bit you, you need a vaccine!

When out in the Hamptons always wear sunscreen,
And be sure to dress up as a French maid for Halloween.

Once at the White House, Food Network was unforeseen,
But thank goodness you did it, my cooking queen!

I’ll watch you forever, don’t fret, your show will be seen,
Just please don’t ever jump on a trampoline.

1 comment:

Mary from Maryland said...

I'm so happy you've finally covered Ina, the Barefootiest Contessa around. I love her. I love her recipes and/or I love her show. Its soo watchable. Have you sent her your little ditty yet?

Also, I'd like to add french fries from 5 Brothers I think its called to my last meal. Yum , yum, yummy yum yum.

And, who is that little angel in the picture on the blog? Is that our darling blogger?