October 22, 2007

There is a God: I Am Getting a Cake From the Ace Himself


Ok, Ok, there really is no way to tell if Duff Golman himself will be making the cake I ordered, but it is still so exciting that I, yes ME!, will have a creation from Charm City Cakes for my golden birthday! Turning 23 years old on the 23rd of May is a big deal and I simply can not think of a better way to celebrate than by eating my best friend. If that sounds weird to you, allow me to explain. Duff and his team of incredible cake makers are famous for their absurd cake creations. You want an edible replica of the Taj Mahal? No problem! A tea party with Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the rest of the gang? Sure! What about a big rat? Or a bottle of tequila with a drunken, puking worm sleeping on top? Of course! Of course!

Take my word for it, these guys and gals are beyond talented. So when I got through to them I knew I only wanted one thing; a cake version of my dachshund Brutus. I sent in pictures and it will be so incredible to see what they come up with! I even got to talk to Mary Alice on the phone! (If you don’t know what I’m talking about get off my damn blog until you watch the show Ace of Cakes).

Alas my friends, (sighhhh), much like waiting for Babbo Day to finally come, we will have to wait until May 23nd when I make the drive from New York to Baltimore and pick up the glorious creation. I’ll bring it to the party, but no one better try to eat it.

*Charm City Cakes sent MEEEEEEE a letter!!!!!!!!!!! Jealous? Mwah ha ha ha! Mwah ha ha ha! (evil laugh)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This cake sounds AMAZING! I wish I could take a big bite out of Brutus but of course I will control myself.
Your blog is funny, informative and all around delicious!!! Can't wait to read more!